Globalization, global problems, globalistics, global education. Many synonymous notions, and yet each of them has its own specificity. Our Global Studies major is a unique degree, as it combines a large dose of practical experience, gained by our experts during numerous worldwide research expeditions, with academic knowledge. Our field of study connects two spheres. The first – social commitment, indicating that knowledge and awareness help in a real manner to minimize global issues, and change the reality that surrounds us. The second – a critical approach, that allows us to go beyond the liberal, homogeneous and Westernized face of globalization. The Global Studies is not just another field of study dedicated to international relations! The Global Studies is a major for enthusiasts and people interested in a deeper understanding of the world, who perceive globalization as a challenge, but also as a complex, ambiguous process, crucial for understanding the reality around us and challenges of the future.
Are you interested-in-the-world kind of person? Come to our studies! With us, you will not only learn how the world looks like, but also you will gain support in the process of getting to know it from different perspectives: political, economic, social, and cultural.
The Global Studies degree was created as a result of the work of the FORTHEM European Consortium’s project, associating scientists from 9 universities.
Academic calendar (winter semester):
- Classes: 03.10.2022-01.02.2022
- Organizational meeting (with Dean’s Office Representatitves): Thursday, 13rd of October 2022, 11:00 AM, room 212.
Schedule of courses:
- Bachelor’s deegre: https://usosweb.uni.opole.pl/kontroler.php?_action=katalog2%2Fprzedmioty%2FpokazPlanGrupyPrzedmiotow&grupa_kod=12.07.D3.01%3B&cdyd_kod=2022%2F23-Z&lang=en
- Master’s deegre: https://usosweb.uni.opole.pl/kontroler.php?_action=katalog2%2Fprzedmioty%2FpokazPlanGrupyPrzedmiotow&grupa_kod=12.07.D2.01%3B&cdyd_kod=2022%2F23-Z&lang=en
- Karina Rosikoń – administrative issues
- Interantional Office (https://hello.uni.opole.pl/international-students-office/)
- Błażej Choroś – tutor of the group
- Grzegorz Haber – coordinator